3 Tips On Picking The Best Wireless Speakers
3 Tips On Picking The Best Wireless Speakers
By [http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Brody_Lando/2478606]Brody Lando
So you are looking for a new wireless speaker for personal use maybe entertainment or whichever. Nowadays, wireless speakers come in different types and huge price ranges. How do you know what is right for you? Take a look at these three tips to help you decide on picking the right wireless speaker for you.
Tip #1: Let us start here - Bluetooth, WiFi or both?
- Bluetooth Speaker: We see these all over and are probably the most popular type of wireless speakers to stream your music.
Pro: Easy to carry around and can take it anywhere with you. Bluetooth works with a vast range of devices. Example: Android, iPhone, Google smartphones, etc. The PRICE! Bluetooth is typically cheaper than WiFi speakers.
Con: Some can be bulky, and you can only stream one device at a time. A limited range which is up to 33 feet.
- WiFi Speaker: Have a home network? Great! You can take advantage of that by connecting a WiFi speaker to it.
Pro: Stronger and more stable connection. You can stream to multiple speakers and also has a longer range than Bluetooth. Typically they can go to about 200 feet, but I would keep it less than that. You don't want to push it too much.
Con: Bandwidth! Yes if you don't have a reliable bandwidth this can affect your speakers. If you have tons of devices connected to the WiFi, this can hog a lot of the bandwidth which will then reduce the quality of your audio. Some can be pretty pricey.
- Both Bluetooth and WiFi: If you want it all, well both could be for you.
Pro: More flexibility with both. Use WiFi if you will be walking around the house with your phone and don't want to lose connection or if you're on the go and want to take it with you then connect Bluetooth. Having people over and someone wants to play music? Easiest way here is to have them connect to Bluetooth, and they are ready to go.
Con: It comes down to price. You're going to pay more because it has more features than a Bluetooth only or WiFi only option.
OK, now that you've read the pros and cons of each one, this takes us to the next tip.
Tip #2: What will you be using the speaker for? This is an excellent question to start off with. What is the primary use of your speaker? Is it for out on the deck, inside the house, traveling, etc.
If you are outside on the patio or grilling, either Bluetooth or WiFi could work here. There are WiFi speakers that are meant for outdoors, or if you want something right next to you on the table or the railing and want to move it around, a Bluetooth would be the best option. If you are going to be walking around the yard, hiking, or traveling go with a Bluetooth speaker and look for something that is either water resistant or waterproof and rugged just in case you drop it. I drop everything...
If you are going to be listening to the audio primarily inside, I would go with a WiFi speaker. You won't have to worry about signal because WiFi has a longer distance and objects won't affect the signal. With Bluetooth, walls will affect the Bluetooth signal. If you go three rooms over from your Bluetooth speaker, the signal has to go through those walls which will weaken the signal. This can cause it to drop in and out or disconnect from your device. With WiFi, you won't have to worry about that just make sure to keep it under 200 ft. All you have to worry about is if your router or WiFi can handle it.
Now that should have your brain moving a little more in a certain direction. Let's go to tip number three.
Tip #3: Functionality! There are certain things that we definitely or would want in our wireless speakers.
- Voice and Remote control: Voice can be fun, you don't have to leave your spot but can also be a pain if it does not understand you. Sometimes accents can affect voice recognition. With remote which could be an actual remote or an app on your device can be a more efficient way of controlling your wireless speaker.
- Online Music Service: Good example here for WiFi speakers is the Amazon Echo. Here I can access my music account to play music such as Spotify, Pandora and much more.
- Built-in Mic or Hands-Free speakerphone - This functionality is great. This feature is only available on certain Bluetooth speakers such as the Anker Soundcore 2. When connected to your Bluetooth speaker and someone calls you, you won't have to disconnect from the speaker to take the call.
- Input and Output: Pretty much every wireless speaker comes with an auxiliary port. Here you can connect other devices to it such as a TV. There are some speakers out there like the Anker Soundcore Boost speaker has a USB port where you can plug your phone and charge your phone. The output can be used for adding a subwoofer for when watching a movie or when you are entertaining and just want more to your audio.
If you have been looking for an excellent wireless speaker, I suggest following these three tips. This will help you narrow down to what you need and not end up buying something that you don't need and save money.
If you enjoy electronics or gadgets definitely subscribe to my channel. I do a lot of tech and gadget reviews. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIDzyc8LIo0hCfgysDMd7ew
Article Source: [http://EzineArticles.com/?3-Tips-On-Picking-The-Best-Wireless-Speakers&id=9854056] 3 Tips On Picking The Best Wireless Speakers
Also in News
We all want to find a miracle way that lets us look our best, especially when the weather gets warmer. In warmer weather, we cannot disguise our extra weight like we can when the weather is cold. That means we have to look at what our bad habits have done to us over the winter.
Just like other stuff, women tend to spend plenty of time looking for their favorite watch. Nowadays, watchmakers are making a variety of wrist watches for women. So, if you are looking to buy one for your lady, make sure you follow the tips given below.